- Small town antique shops, art galleries, mom and pop stores, town grocery store, dollar store and an old-fashioned ice cream parlor
- Family owned restaurants, pubs and wineries
- YMCA, many public golf courses, a skate park and a senior center
- Red Bud Festivals; Autumn Fest, Deer Fest, Holiday Fest and the Fireman’s Picnic are just a few of the events sponsored by the town of Red Bud
- Ratz Memorial City Park and Lincoln Park are Red Bud’s city parks that offer picnic shelters and playground equipment
- Baldwin Lake is a 2000-acre public recreational lake known for fishing; it is located in Randolph County in Baldwin, just 9 miles from the community
- North County Country Club, a 9-hole public golf course located in downtown Red Bud at 703 W Market St., is known as “Southern Illinois’ Best Kept Secret”
- Red Bud Area Museum, 116 E. Market St., is the site of the old Opera House built in 1855; The museum collects, preserves and displays exhibits, artifacts and documents that show the city’s history and growth
- Red Bud Public Library is located at 925 S Main St., just 1.5 miles from the community
- Red Bud Sports Complex is located at 146 Powell Rd.; the complex is used by the Red Bud Athletic Association for all of its recreational teams
The most important aspect of buying a home is its location! Knotty Pines Community is located in southern Illinois just 40 miles southeast of St. Louis in Randolph County in the small town of Red Bud. Red Bud is located in the northwestern part of Randolph County and is bounded on the north and west by Monroe County and on the east by the Kaskaskia River. Our community is only 3 miles west of Downtown Red Bud right off of Market Street.
As a family owned and operated community, we take pride being part of a city that encourages community spirit, pride and conviction as a way of life. Red Bud enjoys a low cost of living, convenient shopping with retail and specialty stores and many restaurants.